Sunday 19 June 2011

Get Loaded!

Highlight: A local, one day festival. So much easier than trekking down to Glastonbury to sink in the mud and breathe in the dust.
20110612getloaded_  065
Lowlight: It rained. And Rained. And Rained. And I did not have backstage access! I pouted, and threamed and thtamped my foot tho I did.
Fill in: This was a late breaker and seemed like a great idea at the time but Hampton Court had totally wiped me out so I really was on my last legs.

The word festival was a bit hopeful for what amounted to one stage and two tents with a handful of stalls selling chips and funny hats. But had it been sunshine and smiles this little offering from Clapham would have actually been a pleasant, dandy affair. But it wasn't. In fact it did not stop raining so everyone huddled under the tents sipping tea and being very British and bloody minded about the whole soggy affair.

As it was, I had a marvellous time taking photos as the lighting for the tents was superb and the acts were pretty interesting too. And it was good to get close up to Razorlight again.


The Agitator, Johnny Flynn, The Cribs, Yelle, O Children, Noisettes
20110612getloaded_  02520110612getloaded_  057
20110612getloaded_  04220110612getloaded_  03920110612getloaded_  03220110612getloaded_  033

Tech Spec: Pushed to ISO to 3200 for tents, 200 for main stage. Shot mainly on F2.8 around 1/250 second. WB set to daylight. My main piece of equipment was The £50 Storm Raincoat for the camera. Discussed the design of this with a fellow snapper and we cam to the conclusion that cutting the sleeve off a raincoat would probably serve just as well and be a lot cheaper. I am currently in the process of fashioning a hood to go with it so the back of the camera is also protected - unless someone else has got there first.


For editorial enquiries:
www.gettyimages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment