Monday 20 June 2011

Kevin Greenlaw

Highlight: What better way to spend the day - A dashing, photogenic opera singer, me and a camera....
HLM_3870
Lowlight: ....and location lights, a 6ft reflector, tripod, spare camera body, three lenses, three changes of clothes and a laptop to hump around!
Fill in: Thank God for loving partners (and strong ones). My long suffering partner came to lug the gear up hill (Primrose) and down dale (Soho).

Sometimes you just have to thank your lucky stars. I mean I'm not getting any younger, but here I am with a talented, good looking opera singer staring deep and meaningfully into my eyes....okay, okay into my lens but a girl can dream can't she? Kevin was polite, professional, enthusiastic, cheerful and stripped down to his smalls in the middle of the street and he was paying me...AND he can surf (as I said, I'm not getting any younger but I am getting shallower)! One couldn't fail to get a great shot of this guy. He's single girls so form a queue...

Okay to business - the brief: get some casual shots for Kevin's official headshots and website. One shot had to be chosen immediately and sent to a client for use in a programme that day so after the shoot we went to a coffee shop to look at the whole shoot unedited. This always makes me nervous as I hate people seeing my naked work as it were, but since Kevin had done a strip in Soho in broad daylight it seemed a bit churlish to say he couldn't see the pix straight away.

HLM_3013bwHLM_3026bwHLM_3036bwHLM_4056bw


Tech Spec: All done with natural light and a Californian Sunbounce - the best reflector on the market and great for location work as it doesn't collapse in the slightest breeze like the usual reflectors. Used 70-200mm wide open for those lovely blurred backgrounds and the 24mm-70mm for full length.


No comments:

Post a Comment