Thursday 20 October 2011

LSWPP

Highlight: Submitting my work for mentoring by the SWPP with a view to getting work up to speed for a Licientiate Award and being informed that the work can go straight in for the LSWPP qualification without the need for mentoring.
contactsheet

Lowlight: Having to go through all my archives to try and find some images worth submitting. It took a long time…
Fill in: The SWPP run a qualification scheme and despite having been professional for over 15 years, I know getting the necessary quality of work together is pretty tough - especially in my case where my work covers a wide range of subjects, its of it very pedestrian and straight forward. But I ,managed to cobble something together, with the hope that some of the pictures at least would be up to scratch. So I was immensely pleased to find the submission made the grade. I must thank the wonderful Emily Ovendon, Pythia and Mediaeval Baebes in particular who always give me exciting and innovative projects to work on and whose images made up a large part of the portfolio…and must also thank my mother, my father, my son, my partner, my teacher, my best friend, my accountant, my hairdresser, my dog, the man who lives down the road…..

Tech Spec: When submitting any work for assessment, be it a college portfolio, an international competition entry, a magazine submission - always read the rules/guidelines. At the very least you will probably have to submit it again but worst, your entry may just end up in the trash - actual or virtual - the result is the same as in your work will not be looked at. So check, check and check again the submission details and follow then to the letter.

For more info:
swpp.co.uk/qualify.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment