Friday 1 June 2012

Matthew Callow launches 'Eden' Album



Highlight: Chance to be creative

Lowlight: Very quick chance - Short  deadline!

Tech spec:. To work a photo into an ethereal type image suitable for album called 'Eden'. I did suggest Tree of knowledge (Matthew) and snakes and fruit but Matthew is afraid of snakes, even virtual ones in a photo so I started with a lush green idea. Matthew was happy but it seemed a bit lacking to me. In the end I decided to look to the future rather than the past and built on the idea of the birth of a new world with Matthew being a normal person but also a God - a creator of a world. In the words of Joan Osbourne 'What if God was one of us'. He is also the centre of a circle - which could be an atom, a window or infinity.

Fill in: Having worked with Matthew Callow a couple of times on his magazine, Magical Times, it was great to hear he was finalising his new album. He asked if I would do the promo artwork for the project.' Of course' said I. 'Need it by next Monday' said he. ('said' all being virtual as this conversation took place over a day via Gmail). Monday was  week away and I wasn't going to get the photo to work on until  the end of the week so it only left me the weekend to do the work and I was already busy.  But having boasted to Matthew that I worked much better with deadlines and that I rarely got a chance to do creative stuff it seemed a bit churlish to start complaining. Of course more jobs turned up in  the meantime and I had to work on the image in several short sessions,( I much prefer a long run) and Monday came and went. But I did have something he was happy with by Wednesday. Sorry for delay Matthew!

1 comment: