Friday 22 February 2013

The Royal Collection learning event


Highlight: Getting a bit of cultural education - I learnt loads from what I thought was a highly intellectual event.





Lowlight: It was aimed at primary school kids!

Fill-in: This was a learning event at Windsor Castle where kids are invited to study a portrait right in the room where the children in the picture probably played.

Tech spec: Because the event is held in a public area full of priceless antiques, huge wapping flashes are a no go and the light is extremely dim AND the kids are facing away from the light. So I was extremely grateful for my two LED lights. They are meant only for close up interview work but I whacked the ISO to 3200 (a setting I know most photographers balk at but they aren't up against it like I am) and they did the fill in beautifully.



No comments:

Post a Comment