Wednesday 28 September 2011

Sony ATV Party 2011

Highlight: Will Young making me apologise via the iPhone to my long suffering partner for shouting at him because I was late. Nice security guy calming me down so I could arrive at the job looking stress free.
20110926sonyatv_email_  138
Lowlight: Going to the wrong venue, (I was wandering round the National Gallery for 20 mins before I realised I should be at the National Theatre). It then took me an hour to travel 2 miles. (30 mins of that of that was getting across Parliament Square). Twisted my ankle again in my haste to get out of the car. Then when I got to the lifts they were out of order. By the way, if you were that red Fiat that a honked very loudly to just because you didn't immediately go from 0-60 in 2 seconds from the lights, or that Black Cab who I yelled at to 'JUST PUSH YOUR WAY OUT' at a red light then I am very sorry. Also very sorry to Keith for shouting down the phone at him to '…find out where the bloody party is. Type Sony ATV party - in google for F*@k's sake'. Now where's that book I got on anger management….

Fill in: The main celeb at this party is Rak, the MD who loves to be photographed surrounded by glamorous girls, and there were plenty of them. The venue had a balcony that looked out over the River Thames which was all very picturesque. The evening was to be spent getting all the glamorous bods that walked through the doors chatting and networking and generally schmoozing. Usually at these things people tend to stay in their little huddles, but Will Young and new girl group RD aided by a well stocked bar, expertly worked the room ensuring the party rattled along at a decent pace and providing lots of photo opps. If you're having an industry party - Will's your man. Spent a long time catching up with Teri Hall, the woman who gave me my first real photo pass, which got me my photos that got me into NME. Felt very old as the pass in question was for Reading Festival 1994, when Antony Keidis of the headliners Red Hot Chilli Peppers was still hot.


20110926sonyatv_  001 20110926sonyatv_email_  159

20110926sonyatv_email_  158 20110926sonyatv_email_  151

Tech Spec: The view was amazing but unfortunately need a long shutter or a high ISO setting to register. As I had to use flash to capture the guests, a high ISO was out of the question, as was a long shutter, even with flash as the guests were in a brighter ambient light than the background and movement blur would have occurred. So I had to encourage the guests from the balcony into the venue to get the shots. The venue itself was lit red, which was very atmospheric but very bright as a background so not ideal. Managed with one camera, SB800 and 24-70mm for the whole evening.

For more info:
www.sonyatv.com/en-uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment