Friday 11 November 2011

The Rifles

Highlight: Revisiting The Forum - this is the venue where I went regularly whilst still building my portfolio for NME and I still have fond memories of those innocent times when I wasn't a cynical, bitter, angry, twisted old snapper - I was a cynical, bitter, angry, twisted young snapper…

Pasted Graphic

Lowlight:
Yes it was low light. Well, lots of backlight, lots of flashing light but no light not he actual people. Still, i suppose it was supposed to be atmospheric.
Fill in: Shooting this for Redferns, the forum is a pretty tough venue as the lighting is quite tricky at the best of times. However it is good to keep your hand in on the difficult venues as it keeps you on your photographic toes.

Pasted Graphic 1

Pasted Graphic 5

Tech Spec: Although the light was bright, it was all from above and behind so I still had to crank the ISO up to 3200 to get anything to register not he faces that were in shadow. When they weren't then it was ISO 400 so I shot manually, as my camera does not do ISO priority but this is a case where it would be useful. Light was also very saturated in colour so I shot on Autobalance and did a lot of adjustment to the white balance and contrast in Aperture in post-production to make the images useable for publication.

For editorial:
www.gettyimages.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment