Wednesday 30 November 2011

Universal Music Classical Conference


Highlight: The dessert at The Landmark Hotel! Private performances from the cream of new classical talent.


Lowlight:
Being called into action just as dessert arrived and said dessert melting into a puddle by the time I got to return to it.
Fill in: This event held by Universal was located in three different venues, with seven artists over two days in three separate time slots. All performances were in very low light and after the Little Noise sessions I'd had enough of magenta light with blue backlight - however it seems to be a trend and the first of the sessions was exactly that - magenta and blue! The performances were extremely quiet and I was restricted to shooting at the beginning and end of each performance so it was quite limiting. But hey, I was being paid to basically hang around, hear great music and eat good food so why complain.


Tech Spec: Just bought the Nikon V1 so I can take pictures without the DSLR mirror clanging all over the place. Unfortunately the adaptor for my lenses is not out yet so it pretty redundant at the moment. Replaced the D300 with the D7000 which is also quieter than the D3 but focusing in the low light proved not so great so I had to settle for the clang of the D3. In St James Church this audible click seems to be amplified several times and made my creeping around unobtrusively pointless as every time I took a picture it was like a a thunderclap. Come on Nikon - get this adaptor out for the V1 asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment