Monday 17 December 2012

Mayors Christmas Carol Concert


Highlight: Carols, mince pies and mulled wine in Southwark Cathedral at Christmas Time







Lowlight: As always in this Cathedral - very low light!

Fill-in: Brief - to document event and get a group shot. Sounds easy enough but getting a group shot of the key people who are all in different places at different times requires a little help from a black hole and a time machine. Fortunately Nikon does a kit that fits into a camera back for a very reasonable price.
Tech spec: I use prime lenses for this event as even F2.8 at 6400 ISO gives me a shutter of 1/60 which is too slow when doing long shots and as I have to shoot from quite a way back long shots are my only option. I used the fab Nikon 85mm F1.4 on the D7000 to get some extra zoom and the 135mm F2 on the D3. Oh, and the Nikon Black hole with time machine to get group shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment