Friday 26 April 2013

Sony Showcase

Highlight: The rooftop gardens on a sunny spring day. Seeing Everything Everything.







Lowlight: Last minute job so forgot to have lunch and had to make do with sneaking as many olives and peanuts from the bar as possible.

Fill-in: 6 acts, scattered round the venue. I made sure I knew the timetable beforehand (of which there were two variations in case of inclement weather) and checked out the lights. The acts were all fairly new (one had been signed that very morning) so restrictions were fairly loose. They were all very different and only did two or three songs so I had to get into their vibe very quickly.

Tech spec: LED blue backlights! The worst. Aperture processes these lights really badly so I have to process in Lightroom which I am not so keen on. Low ceiling also meant backlights shining straight into camera so lots of flare. I tried to shoot when the artist was covering the lights with their head or body.

No comments:

Post a Comment