Sunday 11 December 2011

Elio Pace

Highlight: Seeing Elio Pace in his element at the legendary Ronnie Scotts. The guy is a force of nature.


Lowlight: Job was after a long day photographing a christening. Elio offered me a ticket to the gig - an unexpected surprise that I could't take advantage of as had to turn the pictures round from both jobs pretty sharpish. Fill in: Have worked with Elio before on the Wogan show, but had not seen him in full flight. I got to the sound check and it was all go. Elio was choreographing every move and the small stage was being prepared as if it was a fill on arena tour that was about to take pace. 
Tech Spec: I was glad to do the soundcheck as the restrictions at Scotts are just that - restrictive - and the two songs I got for the actual performance were from the narrow alleyways where waitresses and waiters charged round with plates of burgers and chips. Room was so limited I even had to ask a punter if I could store my bag under his table.

For further details: http://www.eliopace.com/Weekend_Wogan.html

No comments:

Post a Comment