Thursday 1 December 2011

Musicians Union Parking Protest

Highlight: A protest I would go on anyway- where was the NUJ?




Lowlight: Rain. and I forgot raincoat for myself and cameras despite having at least five ponchos for myself and four for the cameras. I had to buy one forma tourist shop which had Union Jacks all over it.
Fill in: I had photographed three of these protests already and was wondering how I was going to get anything different, but Dave from the MU had a trick up his sleeve and organised the event right outside Priscilla Queen of the Desert. It gave an instant lift to the pictures.
Tech Spec: Tip of the day - remember wet weather gear for any outdoor event.  I can thoroughly recommend stormjackets as a reasonable solution for camera gear if you don;t want to break the bank but are fed up of using plastic bags. go for the pro one which has a handy hole for holding the lens.






No comments:

Post a Comment