Saturday 28 April 2012

The Osmonds

Highlight: Got access to do whole show - again in two weeks (see Orbital) - what is going on???









  


   

Lowlight: ....can't stay! Got to get pix back asap. Apart from which I nearly got stampeded by the ardent fanz as there is no pit.

Fill in: There was no photo pit which can be tricky as you are in amongst the front row fans who have paid jolly good money to be there and the last thing they want is some snapper popping up and down with a long lens in front of them. But of course, The Osmonds aare diamond geezers and likewise their fans. The first one I speak to kindly warns me that might very well get crushed by a herd of hormonal, excited menopausal women once the concert starts. I am used to such things, but it's always nice to be prepared. It is also nice to have an ally in this situation.
Tech spec: There was lots of smoke on stage due to Jimmy's exploding guitar, which I was on the wrong side to get a really good shot of, so it was a case of shooting when the smoke was minimal.  Also it was crucial to get all three brothers together and I was at a bit of an angle right at the front so after a few songs, I retreated back held the camera above the heaving throng and got a couple shots which were more front on.

For More info: www.redferns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment