Wednesday 16 May 2012

Bishopsgate Portraits


Highlight: Great organisation from the administrator.







Lowlight: Parking hell. 

Fill in: This was a straight forward series of headshots of the trustees for the website, but as they wanted a white background there was a fair amount of kit and the offices were right on one of the busiest streets in London on a double red route, so no unloading and I had to circle the place three times before eventually coming into land. Then it was a case of heaving a highlight backdrop, light stands and accompanying cables, brollies, spills and syncs, cameras and lenses down a cobbled road. However a superb room was ready for me and everyone turned up on time. Result.

Tech spec: I used a standard white highlight set up and shot everything landscape. This is so the pictures can easily be used landscape for the web, cropped to portrait for magazines and to square for classic layouts. I do this as invariably only one shot gets selected so at least it can be used in a variety of circumstances. I shoot a few shots from each side, face on and sitting and standing to get a range of poses very quickly. As a vertically challenged person most people are taller than me and as the best angles of most people are from eye level or above I use my Stanley Rolling tool box to stand on to get a good view. This has the added effect of breaking the ice when I leap onto it.


No comments:

Post a Comment