Sunday 6 May 2012

Vaisakhi 2012

Highlight: Great food backstage. Seeing the wonderful Deepa Rai again.

 
Lowlight:The threat of rain all day. It didn't but the threat is sometimes worse than the actual.

Fill in: Vaisakhi is the Sikh New Year celebrations and I have photographed it before for the GLA. It is quite a hefty brief, having to capture sponsors posters, VIPS backstage, performers on and off stage, crowd shots, over view shots - in short as full a documentary as possible of the whole event.

Tech spec: Whatever the weather for festivals I always take wet weather gear consisting of a storm jacket for my camera (a £50 plastic sleeve) and a poncho for me (a £1 one which is basically a piece of clingfilm in a bag). OK so I look like a blue jellyfish and my camera looks like it is wearing a huge condom but we are dry and happy thank you. OK So Deepa looks amazing, but she is cold - I need my comforts at my age. I can thoroughly recommend the storm jackets as they work and are simple. If you are handy with needle and thread you could probably make one from an old cagoule sleeve.






No comments:

Post a Comment