Friday 11 May 2012

London Assembly

Highlight: Having a car pass for underneath City Hall.






Lowlight: Missing the Assembly members not re-elected.

Fill in: Despite the politics I do get quite attached to all the Assembly members and all their quirks and foibles, so for the fourth time doing this, I was now counting the ones that had been there since the beginning almost on one hand. As the Chair so eloquently put it, they are the theatre nurses to the Mayor's surgical role of taking care of London and their dedication often goes unsung. So I feel quite privileged to be able to work with these guys even in a small way otherwise I would be totally unaware of their hard work too.

Tech spec: Despite the current fashion for a white background, blue or grey works best from most complexions so I was relieved when the Comms. officer requested a grey backdrop. As well as making my lighting easier it meant I could get a car pass. Driving down into the bowels of the building is quite something as it is another world down there of underground cycles racks, dustbin lorries, trucks, trollies and racks and a few sparse parking spaces for the chosen few of which I was one for the day. However the entrance is quite hard to deduce as it is nowhere near City Hall and I didn't remember it from last time.There were five new members but quite a few came down to have a photo, so either they hated the last one so much they wanted a re-take or they loved it so much they wanted another. Either way it was pretty hectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment