Saturday 21 July 2012

BT River of Music - African Stage

Highlight: Meeting Brij of Divya Fashions.

Lowlight: Only one stage - this festival was rocking!


Fill in: This stage was one of six stages scattered across the capital to celebrate the Olympics. I had the African stage and the beats just did not stop. The sun was blazing, the crowd dancing, and the food out of this world with curry from Nigeria, noodles from Vietnam, Stir Fries from China and chillis from Mexico. Whilst on my wanders around the stalls I espied some great dresses and as I was browsing the stall holder came up and told me the one I was looking at was £40. He then, on seeing my cameras  threw a pose and asked me to take his picture. "£40" was my immediate reply holding out my hand. I was only joking but Brij, as he was called immediately took up my offer, saying if I took some pix of him on his stall and delivered them tomorrow he would let me have the dress.

Tech spec: I was actually there to shoot the music, and it was a hot, sunny day. The main problem was protecting the equipment from the dust, so I used my polythene rain bag to keep the dust at bay. The stage had a black backdrop, most of the acts were black, and there was not a cloud in the sky and the Sun beat down, so the light was high in contrast, so I pulled the contrast in on the batch process by moving the black point. 

For more info:

www.redferns.com


No comments:

Post a Comment