Wednesday 15 February 2012

Niki and the Dove

Highlight: Glitter everywhere...



Lowlight: ...including over my whole camera kit.

Fill in: I was right at the front in a great position for this flamboyant band whose repertoire included dressing up everyone in neon jewellery and showering them in glitter dispensed from coke cans. I happened to be right in the firing line when the lead singer decided to shower a huge bagfull of glitter over the crowd and am still trying to remove it from my hair, face, clothes, camera bag, lenses, flash guns and cameras.

Tech Spec: Glitter is very pretty but lethal to cameras. This was cosmetic grade glitter so not stratchy, but could cause havoc if it gets into the finer crevices of the DSLR or motorised lenses. I am using vast amounts of canned air to decontaminate everything but am still nervous.

For editorial: www.redferns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment