Thursday 5 January 2012

PYTHIA

Highlight: So it's the start of the year. I have been hibernating, but who better to wake me from my slumber but the lovely Ms Ovendon.

Lowlight: She needs pictures - like …Yesterday! And kicks my arse on Facebook.
Fill in: I had promised finished artwork to Pythia last month but I needed my sleep. However now it was getting serious. Japan and Metalhammer were calling and it was time to actually process the pictures into something fantastic - or at least publishable - in two days!
Tech Spec: I had shot the band members individually against a white background with a view of comping them together. I had this great idea of putting them at the mouth of a cave which was a serpents mouth cave thingy but I didn't have time for that now - I did a mountain range Skyrim style - but it was rejected and in the end we settled on a crystal ball thingy which I added a serpent to - all in the space of two days - the power of email.
 The Japan cover was much easier -I had already done the background but just needed to swap in a better head and tweak the layers a bit. Lesson: Always keep your PSD file with all the layers - it makes any changes so much quicker and I have even made apparantly new backgrounds by just tweaking layer opacities.

For further info:
www.pythiamusic.com



No comments:

Post a Comment