Saturday 10 March 2012

Girlschool

Highlight: An all girl band - always great for photos.

Lowlight: Pit in Garage - exceedingly small and close to the monitors and I'd forgotten my earplugs.

Fill in: I used to love the Garage as you could use flash and stay fro the whole gig. However it also had a nasty metal bar across the front of the stage and at one particularly crowded event I made the mistake of wrapping my arm around it to try and prevent myself from being pushed over, only to nearly lose my arm altogether when the crowd swayed sideways pushing my body one way and my arm the other. It now has a pit, but this means 3 songs no flash and the lighting rig is really not up for it.

Tech Spec: Being a small stage, the backlights shine straight into the camera and the front lights are not really bright enough to counteract this, so it results in highly back lit diffused images. The best you can hope for is for the lights to be blotted out as much at possible by a head or a guitar. I turned the ISO up quite high as the light on the front was quite dim but this did mean the background burnt out. Great for the dark haired girls but not quite so great for the blondes.

For editorial: www.gettyimages.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment